Internet of Things
Things You Need to Know
NEXT SESSION: Dates for September/October to be announced. Please check here again.
The Internet of Things (IoT) age is upon us and with it the biggest disruption in technology, society and economy since the printing press. It will touch us all irrespective of our sphere of endeavour or way of life. It’s poised to deliver great benefits, but with it also cautionary side effects.
So what does IoT mean to you, and for you?
You have no doubt heard of the Internet of Things, but what is it – really? How can you take advantage of it? What do you need to know and do to capture its benefits for yourself and others? And, what are those side effects, and how do you mitigate?
The workshop will answer these questions, whether you are new to IoT or need to close gaps in your understanding to see it’s full breadth. Learning about IoT is important if you are
- In a business or organization pursuing efficiency improvements,
- Policy analyst seeking to balance public benefit against side effects from new technologies,
- Entrepreneur or product leader hunting for new investment or revenue opportunities,
- Social entrepreneur or activist looking to elevate social good or minimize social disruption from new technologies.
The workshop covers:
- What is it
- Why now
- Who’s in it
- IoT conceptual framework
- Data treatment and storage
- Data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Application and user experience
Solutions and Verticals
- Healthcare and eldercare
- Smart homes and buildings
- Autonomous vehicles
- Industrial automation
- Smart cities
Key Domains of Interest
- Applicable new technologies
- Security and privacy
- Legal considerations
- Socio-economic impacts
- Market opportunities
Immerse yourself in Internet of Things and step into your future.